Shoes. Women can’t get enough while men never have enough. ACBC created the first modular shoe that actually looks good enough to go mainstream. Shooz is a zip it to flip it type of shoe that changes with every new skin. One sole, 26 different combinations, one for each occasion, whether sport, casual or dressy. The funny thing about them is how compact they are and how much they can optimize luggage space: the get completely flat, occupying not more than a folded t shirt volume.
Shooz are made up of two different, interchangeable parts: the skin and the sole. Connect the ends of the skin and the sole special waterproof zipper, just like you would with a jacket. Once the zippers are linked, close the snap fastener on the heel and these shoes are ready to go! Here in Quirk Heaven we think they look very cool and if they really are how they’re claimed to be qualitative speaking, then they’ll be a real hit in a man’s wardrobe.
- made of best Italian leather
- ergonomic, shock absorbend and cork insulated soles
- Aquaguard zip powered by YKK Japan, one of the best waterproof zipper manufacturer
- 104 possible combinations from 4 sole types and 26 skins
- easy to wash and clean thanks to the modular design, which provides full access to the inner sole
- microfiber strip placed over the zipper prevents the foot from ever touching the zipper for extra comfort
- 1 year warranty for damages within reason
- a set of 1 sole and 1 skin costs ~€100; extra soles available for ~€45. This means serious cost and space saving
They can be purchased via the crowdfunding campaign which reached it’s funding goal 3 folded. There is just one aspect that drew our attention and rang an alarm bell here in Quirk Heaven: the backers who helped funding this project experienced a lot of disappointment and frustration by the delays in delivering. Some supporters placing their orders from the very beginning in 2015 are still waiting for their Shooz to be delivered while the manufacturer claims all sorts of startup related hurdles they had to overcome. At the time of publishing this article, backers finally got the message that delivery will be made soon. We’ll keep a close eye on them as the certified reviews appear.