In an ideal world, my nails are always neatly painted in strong vivid colors. I sincerely admire women who take good care of their hands. Having a clean cared for manicure reveals a lot about a woman, much more than wearing the correct shoes. Unfortunately having nice nails is a luxury I can’t afford anymore, time-wise. I’m also doomed with frail cuticles which makes me a bloody nightmare for manicurists. Between having my hands in water, wiping snot and picking up things from the floor, my fingers are continuously touching stuff. Time to wait patiently until the nail polish is dry enough to resume my activities I do not have. That’s why I wonder whether this next quirk is something for me or not.
What is this thing about powder nail polish? How can you even apply it without making a mess around the nail? Is it easier to apply than the liquid version? It’s called Kiara Sky and comes with a loooot of steps to follow but if these steps take less time than what I need to normally wait to safely use my hands again, it’s fine with me! So let’s go:
File edges, reduce thickness
while you finish applying on all fingers the TOP COAT will be dry
use quick thin strokes and let it dry for 2 minutes
Yes, 23 steps is an intricate process, which makes it the main minus point of the Kiara Sky powder dip nail polish. Also the complete kit including 1 color powder is expensive at ~€130. It’s addressed to nail professionals, for the rest the product comes with a learning curve so don’t expect to work out smoothly the first time you apply it.
If the Kiara Sky dip powder solves the issues I have with the classic nail polish, I will consider myself a happy customer:
- Uniformly applied nail polish, covering the natural shape of the nail. No more faulty brush strokes and clumpy texture cause the nail polish is a bit too thick
- Almost no drying time required, as far as I could understand. Can I really scratch my back after applying the last TOP COAT layer?
- Even though it’s not gel, it stays on for 2-3 weeks
- Made of chemical friendly ingredients that protect and support nail health
- Can choose between a mat or glossy finish – I love mat so this gets me excited