A good make-up gives, far beyond the aesthetic aspect, a sense of self empowerment so necessary for those struggling with self esteem issues. I have fair skin with a shade of yellow and my face is luckily without spots and severe issues so I don’t need a lot of make-up, but even so when I didn’t put any make-up a couple of times, my colleagues asked me if I was sick. Not a very nice feeling but hey, that’s the society we live in.
This foundation is too good to be true, at least that’s what I thought before diving to read about it. It’s every girl and woman’s dream and much more, since its cover up capability stretches beyond simple skin imperfections. Unbelievable, I know, but still, check this out (starts at minute 1:36)
For one, it’s the first foundation available for those living outside the gates of Hollywood. You can order it online (and probably also in stores) and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, in fact it’s even cheaper than the L’Oreal. I checked and I found out it’s actually coming from the Czech Republic and the company who made it just sold the license to Hollywood.
What makes Dermacol so cool?
The regular foundation has a pigment density of around 15% and that’s the reason why you can almost never achieve the airbrush effect of smooth perfect skin. That and excessive use of Photoshop in beauty magazines and make-up ads. Dermacol has more than triple, 50% pigments. This makes it great at covering just about anything:
- dark under-eye area
- spots and skin blemishes
- loss or extra skin pigmentation
- post surgical bruising and scars
- color correction
- darkening or lightening skin tone
Even though it’s so rich in pigments, Dermacol is very spreadable, achieving good coverage with a very small amount. That’s great for 2 reasons: a little bit goes a long way, so you can use it economically. Second, you don’t need to apply layer after layer into a thick mask like texture to cover up imperfections, which makes for a light, smooth and seamless application. It’s also safe to use on sensitive skin types because it’s hypoallergenic and comes off with regular make-up remover. Dermacol is also waterproof and comes with SPF 30, so you don’t need an additional sunscreen layer.
This foundation is well received by consumers who tried it, 68% recommend it as top notch which is impressive for a product with such a bold statement, especially since it’s essentially a beauty product.
What the actual buyers find wrong about it :
- a couple of buyers complain that its thick texture clogged their pores
- others claim the foundation settles in the fine lines and point out wrinkles
- the finishing appearance of this foundation is quite shiny and greasy, therefore it must be fixed with face powder for that seamless airbrushed look
- a very important point is a challenge with all foundations: choosing the right shade. Here’s where a lot of customers who order Dermacol online find it difficult. Since there’s no tester, the best thing you can do is take the shade you normally use from a well known brand and check online to see how other people with similar skin tone matched it
Bottom line: foundation is the most important part of the make-up. It can either make it or break it, and Dermacol boldly pushes make-up capabilities to the next level. I’m happy to see how it can help against physical discrimination, aiding quirky looking individuals going to interviews where they’re usually frowned upon for their tattoos.